C21U Director Rich DeMillo invites you to join Georgia Tech President Bud Peterson, Vice President for Research Steve Cross, Dean Zvi Galil, Jonathan Cole (former Columbia University provost and author of The Great American University), and a panel of educational innovators for the launch of The Center for 21st Century Universities (C21U). Learn how you can participate in C21U, Georgia Tech’s living laboratory for fundamental change in higher education.
This event is a chance for anyone with an interest in higher education to hear a steller cast of leaders from industry and academia share their ideas about the future of higher education and the disruptions in store for American universities.
Events kick off in the atrium of Tech’s new Wayne G. Clough Building at 5p.m. on Monday September 26 with a networking mixer that features posters presenting projects in innovative educational technology and a student led panel discussing the future of higher education from the student perspective. This is a drop-in event, so please feel free to come by, chat with Jonathan Cole, and see what C21U is all about.
8:00-9:00 a.m. Continental breakfast
9-9:15 a.m. Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:15-10:00 a.m. Keynote Address: Jonathan Cole
10:00-10:30 a.m. Announcement of C21U programs for 2012
10:45a.m. -12:30 p.m. All-Star Panel Discussion, Q&A,
Moderator: Jeffrey J. Selingo, Editor, The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Devin Fidler, Institute for the Future
- Alan Kay, President, Viewpoints Research Institute
- Roger Schank, Executive Director and founder of Engines for Education, Inc. and Chairman and CEO of Socratic Arts, Inc.
- Lynne Weisenbach , Vice Chancellor, Educator Preparation, University System of Georgia
- Stephen E. Cross, Executive Vice President for Research, Georgia Institute of Technology
12:30-12:50 p.m. Announcement of 2012 Presidential Forum and Closing Remarks by President Peterson and Rich DeMillo